Terms and Conditions – Hot Air Balloon Flights with ORIENTAL BALLOONING
Passengers flying with ORIENTAL BALLOONING are bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
(1) Passengers should wear long-sleeved shirts and long trousers or skirts, preferably made from natural fibres.
(2) Any medical condition such as epilepsy, recent surgery or other condition which can affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to ORIENTAL BALLOONING at the time of booking, and to the pilot on the day of your flight. Pregnant women will not be allowed on flights. ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not be liable for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot, crew or company representatives.
(3) Any passenger with a body weight in excess of 125kg/280lbs, or any passenger requiring the space of 2 passengers in the balloon basket, is required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
(4) Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted to fly with ORIENTAL BALLOONING. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and only if the child is over 4’6” or 137cm in height.
(5) As the pilot is legally responsible for the safety of all passengers at all times connected with the flight, he or she has the right to refuse passengers for whatsoever reason as to not endanger the flight or other passengers.
(6) Full attention must be paid by passengers to the safety briefing given before the launch of the balloon, and questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understood or unclear.
(7) The decision of the pilot of the day is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders.
(8) ORIENTAL BALLOONING expects passengers to give full co-operation and assistance if needed to the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed reasonable, during pre- and post-flight activities.
(9) ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and change rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
(10) ORIENTAL BALLOONING carries third party and passenger liability for all its balloons.
(11) ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any other passenger or bystander.
(12) ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which results from negligence on its own part.
(13) ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects taken on flights.
(14) Flights cancelled by ORIENTAL BALLOONING for safety reasons, inclement or unfavourable weather conditions, or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to ORIENTAL BALLOONING will be refunded in cash either in Bagan, Mandalay, Inle, Ngapali or Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to expedite their refunds.
(15) ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
(16) No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
(17) Receipts, payment vouchers or flight tickets are to be produced on arrival at the launch site.
(18) All passengers and accompanying guides must register in advance at our sales desk at the appropriate ORIENTAL BALLOONING office. Our sales desk office hours and telephone numbers are as follows:
For passengers flying in Mandalay: 09-256-224-976 from 0900 until 2000
For passengers flying in Bagan: 09-250-505-383, 09-259-100-511 from 0900 until 2000
For passengers flying in Inle & Pindaya: 09-250-089-443 from 0900 until 2000
For passengers flying in Ngapali Beach: 09-259-961-903, 043-421-66 from 0900 until 2000
Safety briefing (as given by the pilot before takeoff)
• SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN AND AROUND THE BALLOONS AT ANY TIME.
• At all times, do not walk between the trucks or tractors and the balloon
• During the inflation of the balloons, remain in the passenger reception area until called to your balloon by your pilot.
• Before landing, stow all cameras, videos, binoculars etc. DO NOT HANG ANYTHING AROUND YOUR NECK.
• On the command ‘Landing Positions’:
o Face backwards to the direction of travel, and hold tightly on to the rope handles inside the basket
o If seats are provided, sit down on the seats. If not, bend your knees (as if skiing), but do not sit on the floor
o Lean back against the basket padding
o Stay in this position until invited to stand upright again.
• After landing, stay in the basket. Do not get out, until the pilot tells you it is safe to exit.
Version 4 July 2015